Kuukpik Drilling operates with an unyielding commitment to the personal safety of each employee and the safety of the environment.Our goal is to nurture and achieve a zero incident culture.
All employees of Kuukpik Drilling are not only the most important assets of the company, they are the company. The personal safety of each employee at Kuukpik Drilling is of primary importance. We acknowledge the fact that the active participation by Kuukpik Drilling Management, supervisors and all other employees is necessary for the prevention of accidents and incidents that may harm the environment.
The management at Kuukpik Drilling accepts the responsibility for leadership of the HSE program, for its effectiveness and improvement and for providing the safeguards required to ensure safe working conditions. To this end, we provide each worksite with the following:
- Kuukpik Drilling Procedures & Guidelines
- Kuukpik Drilling Safety Manual
- Kuukpik Drilling HSE Plan and Environmental Management System
- Alaska Waste Management Plan (Red Book)
- Alaska Safety Handbook
- NS Environmental Handbook
Supervisors are responsible for developing the proper attitudes towards safety and the environment, both in themselves and in those they supervise. Ensure that all operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety of all personnel.
Employees are responsible for wholehearted cooperation with all aspects of the HSE program including compliance with all Safety and environmental policies procedures, laws regulations and for continually practicing safe work habits while performing their duties.
To the greatest degree possible the management at Kuukpik Drilling will provide all mechanical and physical facilities required for the safety of personnel and protection of the environment, in keeping with the highest standards.
Management’s objectives with respect to accident prevention are to:
- Comply with all government laws, legislation and regulations applicable to our operations.
- Provide safe working conditions and well-maintained equipment.
- To adhere to safe drilling practices at all times.
- To ensure that all new employees receive proper orientation followed by constructive on-the-job training.
- To hold managers, supervisors and all workers accountable for their actions.
Our goal is to achieve maximum voluntary cooperation based on a strong sense of personal responsibility to minimize physical suffering and damage to the environment.